Notarial services (legalising papers) in Australia

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) provides some notarial solutions in Australia. We deliver these ongoing solutions through the mail as well as Australian Passport Offices.

Explore this site for details about:

This page is actually for those who require a document legalised in Australia, to make use of offshore. If you should be currently overseas, see notarial solutions offshore.

Do i have to get my documents legalised?

DFAT can not inform you in the event that you must ensure you get your papers legalised. You need to ask the international authority whom requested your document.

What this means is contacting the average person, company, organization, academic institution or federal government agency straight. Inquire further in the event that you must get the document legalised before they are going to accept it.

Papers we are able to legalise in Australia

We could just legalise Australian documents that are public

  • Originals granted by Australian federal government agencies or officials
  • Originals granted by Australian tertiary education organizations
  • Copies notarised by Australian Notary Publics

We can not legalise other papers in Australia.

Find out about papers we could legalise.

Ways to get your write-ups legalised in Australia

Step one: ready your papers

Follow these actions before you request our solutions.

  1. Ask the authority that is overseas documents you will need legalised. DFAT can not counsel you things you need legalised to utilize an additional nation.
    Read more …